Looking for some healthier alternatives this Thanksgiving? We've done a whole series of our team members' favorite healthy home recipes so you can check them out and tell us which one you're going to try this year!
Round out your Thanksgiving meal with a homemade version of a Thanksgiving classic that tastes ten thousand times better than the canned version. This recipe has been passed down through generations to our Marketing Manager (AKA the person who writes these blogs), Olivia.
The ingredients list is simple, gluten-free and dairy-free, but the use of gelatin means it unfortunately isn't vegan! The sweetness of this dish is offset by the bitterness of the fresh cranberries, and makes for the perfect complement to any Thanksgiving spread.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe
1 package of cranberries
1 cup of water
2 cups of sugar
2 small packages of jello or gelatin powder (any combination of plain, strawberry, or raspberry - get creative!)
Crushed pecans (a lot of them)
1. Boil cranberries in one cup of water with two cups of sugar, until they pop open.
2. Strain off the juice in a large bowl or Pyrex dish, and blend with gelatin powder.
3. Stir the jello and hot juice until all is completely dissolved.
4. Add the cooked berries, stir until combined, and top with layer of crushed pecan pieces.
5. Cool in fridge over night until gelatin is firm!
Serve cooled and have a delicious Thanksgiving.